Friends of Alpha and the Young Diplomats in Jamaica are pleased to present an exclusive live music and Jamaican sound system cultural experience at the Spanish Court Hotel on Friday, June 2, 2017 to benefit the Alpha Institute in recognition of 137 years of Alpha’s service to Kingston and the nation. 100% of proceeds will benefit Alpha’s vocational and educational programming.
On Friday June 2nd, patrons will hear the music of past Alpha students played by past students. The 10-piece Alpha Big Band will be joined by DJ Welton Irie who will be spinning classic hits and rare cuts from the 60s, 70s and 80s for your dancing pleasure. The all-inclusive event features a tantalizing menu of traditional Jamaican food and drink.
- Halfway Tree: Cafe Nita, 2 Phoenix Ave. (off Hope Road) (876) 648-7686
- Downtown: Alpha Institute, 26 South Camp (across from Suzuki) 928-1345
- New Kingston: Cannonball Cafe (876) 754-4486
- Liguanea: Cannonball Cafe (Sovereign North) (876) 970-1532
- Manor Park: Cannonball Cafe (876) 969-3399
- Barbican Centre: Cannonball Cafe 946-0983
Made possible through the generous support of the following sponsors: The Spanish Court Hotel, Wisynco, Wata, Island Grill, Copperwood Pork, Rainforest Seafoods, Purity Bakers, Best Dressed Chicken, J Wray & Nephew, Digita Global, Hot Off The Press, Alpha Boys School Radio, The City of Kingston.